Born in 1963, Carina Scott is both artist and musician, and all the while a breeder of quality Irish sport horses. With a strong musical background, Carina, as an artist & painter, is largely self taught and her pedigree as a creative artist mirrors her success with her horses at the RDS and with her Connemara ponies at the French Championships.
Painting in both Ireland and France, her adopted country, Carina Scott is continually inspired by the landscape & light, by the seasons and the sensuality of nature all around her. Her work is distinctive and vibrant, an Irish palette, influenced by the strong light and colour of southern Europe. With her bold use of paint, Scott captures the light and mood of the Irish landscape and of the creatures she portrays. Her use of paint and her palette knife work are exquisite, testament to the flair & vigour & enthusiasm, with which she constantly works.
Her reputation as an artist has grown steadily, with successful shows in Ireland and abroad and the success she has enjoyed, is well deserved.
- 1996 Kilcock, Co. Kildare, Ireland
- 1997 Millicent, Co. Kildare, Ireland
- 1998 Twin Gables, Prosperous, Co. Kildare, Ireland
- 1999 Leinster Print Studio Group Exhibition Clane, Co. Kildare, Ireland
- 2000 Dalkey, Co. Dublin Print Exhibition, Ireland
- 2001 Tullow Agricultural Show, Co. Carlow, Ireland
- 2002 Enniscorthy Agricultural Show, Co. Wexford, Ireland
- 2003 Kilcock Art Gallery, Co. Kildare, Ireland
- 2004 Donadea, Co. Kildare, Ireland
- 2005 Newbridge, County Kildare, Ireland
- 2006 Kilcock, County Kildare, Ireland
- 2008 Salon de St-Martin, SW France
- 2010 Equestrian Artists' Art Fair, Palace House, Newmarket, England
- 2013 "Equus" Haras National, Tarbes, France
- 2016 Dolan's Art Auctions, Rosslare, Ireland
- 2016 Dolan's Art Auctions, Connemara, Ireland